- 3 days, 70 miles
- An infamous section known for its overgrowth and blow downs
- Challenges: ~50 miles of overgrowth and blow downs, breaking up spiderwebs with your face, crossing the swift Lambe Creek, 1 mile per hour progress, mental drain from trying to keep track of the trail, David Thompson Heritage Trail, very small and expensive resupply store at The Crossing (should have sent a box! Spent $200 on junk food), tourists at The Crossing
- Highlights: mellow elevation change, wild strawberries, blueberries, and thimble berries, remoteness, stunning scenery, Howse River floodplain, yelling out obscenities, having a partner to crack jokes with
- If I hiked the GDT again, would I do this section? Let me think about it…
- If you want a room at The Crossing, get there earlier in the day. Good breakfast buffet at the restaurant!